Hello! Sorry I'm just now getting my Sugar & Spice VoxBox review. I've had quite the health issue sneak up on me (I'll tell you about it in another post). The positive thing is I've definitely had time to fully use and experience the products. Let's get started:
- Product Claim: The collection of Colgate® Optic White® products whitens more than 3 shades* and results start in one week. With Colgate® Optic White®, the only accessory you need to look fabulous is your smile. *based on twice daily use for 4 weeks
- What I loved: I honestly LOVE these products! I've even purchased several more toothbrushes for the family. Now we're all using it! The toothpaste I feel does a wonderful job at whitening (as much as an over the counter toothpaste can). It's got a great minty taste that sticks with you for awhile for long lasting freshness.
- What I didn't love: I'm not a huge fan of the mouthwash. I do use it, and love the way it works. However, my issue lays with the "foaming action". It foams so much it gags me. It's not a pleasant experience for me, so I probably won't repurchase the mouthwash for myself. I don't believe in waste though, so I will definitely finish the bottle.
Nectresse Natural Sweetener
- Product claim: NECTRESSE™ Sweetener has a rich sugar-like taste and is naturally zero calories per serving. How? We started with the deliciously sweet extract of monk fruit and combined it with the perfect blend of other natural sweeteners. It's 100% natural with nothing artificial. You're going to love the way it tastes. In our search to create the perfect sweetener, we turned to the place that does sweetness best: nature. We found our inspiration in the monk fruit. Hand-picked in remote mountain regions, monk fruit has been cultivated for hundreds of years and only recently re-discovered as a source of natural sweetness.
- What I loved: I don't use many artificial sweeteners. I pretty much stick to Truvia, and I don't even use it that often. I have made myself become a black coffee and unsweetened tea drinker. However, I do lightly sweeten my oatmeal with artifical sweetener. While I did enjoy the sweetener, I didn't feel overly impressed or underwhelmed by it. Nothing speical stuck out.
- What I didn't love: Again... I neither loved nor hated this product. I know it seems odd to be completely apathetic about an articial sweetener, but I am.
Belvita Breakfast Biscuits
- Product claim: belVita Breakfast Biscuits are made with delicious ingredients and carefully baked to release nutritious sustained energy, all morning long. They are a good source of Fiber and B-vitamins, contain no high fructose corn syrup, have 18-20 grams of whole grain per 50 gram serving and taste great, which makes belVita Breakfast Biscuits perfect for when you are on the go. Facts:• Nutritious sustained energy all morning• 18-20 grams of whole grains per 50 gram serving• A good source of both energy-releasing B-vitamins + fiber• No high fructose corn syrup• No artificial flavors or sweeteners.
- What I loved: Ack, here's another product I don't have a whole lot to say on. It is not Gluten Free, so I was unable to test it myself. I let my teenager test it. He ate it all in about 2.5 seconds, and said it was good, then walked away to find more to eat ;)
- What I didn't love: That it wasn't gluten free.
Dickinson's Oil Controlling Towelettes
- Product claim: New from Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel, Oil Controlling Towelettes. The first ever individually wrapped towelette with Original Witch Hazel to gently remove dirt, oil & impurities while eliminating shine – even on the go. Perfect for even the most sensitive skin, each towelette is touched with aloe to help restore essential moisture. The result is a clean, refreshed, and blemish free complexion anytime, anywhere. Oil Controlling Towelettes are conveniently wrapped for active lifestyles and perfectly sized for travel, complying with strict TSA requirements. Benefits of Oil Controlling Towelettes-Gentle spun lace cloth helps extract trapped dirt & oils, tones and protects skin-Original witch hazel is perfect for sensitive skin-Non-drying like many other oil removing products-Simple efficacious ingredients-The small size is convenient to travel with and bring anywhere – the home, office, beach, sporting events and gym-Cleans and conditions on the go .
- What I loved: Ladies & Gents, I've been using Dickinson's witch hazel for years and years. As an oily & acne prone person, witch hazel is a must for me. I loved the convenience of the travel towelettes. I've even used it to remove makeup in a pinch. These are wonderful & I will definitely repurchase.
- What I didn't love: N/A, loved everything about them!
Vaseline Spray & Go
- Product claim: • A convenient 360° continuous spray lotion that moisturizes deeply and absorbs in seconds (less than 10)• Skin feels instantly soft – not sticky or greasy• Contains multi-layer moisture complex and infuses moisture across all layers of skin* – at the top, the core and deep down• Fast to apply, quick to absorb, so women can put their clothes right on after moisturizing• Targeted spray (width of woman’s wrist) dispenses lotion quickly and evenly• To apply simply spray up one side of your body, switch hands, spray down the other side, and then rub in with a few quick rubs (“Up, Switch, Down, Rub”)• All over body coverage• Also comes in Total Moisture®, which contains pure oat extract and leaves skin feeling healthy and soft, Aloe Fresh which contains pure aloe and leaves skin feeling healthy and fresh and Cocoa Radiant™ which contains pure cocoa butter and leaves skin feeling healthy and glowing **Stratum corneum (multi-layer surface skin)
- What I loved: This product was interesting... I found that it was very easy to use and soaked right into the skin with minimal hand/lotion contact. I use it out of the shower after shaving. I hope out, dry off, spray it on, and by the time I'm ready to get dressed it has soaked into the skin.
- What I didn't love: I wasn't crazy about the scent of the one that was sent to me. However, I have seen more of these in the store with different scents. So there's more options for you to try out.
All in all I'd say it was a very successful VoxBox! Here are my product ratings:
- Colgate Optic-White~ A+
- Nutresse~ B
- Belvita~ A
- Dickinson's Towelettes~ A+
- Vaseline Spray & Go~ A